This morning I woke up with a heavier than normal amount of makeup leftover from my Halloween Costume. (Gypsy/Fortune Teller) I knew my future: Since I don’t drink alcohol, I was up bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning!
I knew I had to get the “toxins” off my skin (it was probably too late for most of the damage) even though I use mostly organic and natural makeup. Even the mineral makeup I use is VERY drying to my skin. Think about it, you put baby powder on things when you want to absorb moisture so the mineral makeup is acting as the same “face sponge” sucking up all the nice oils and moisture your skin needs to look and feel youthful.
I have recently started using the method below to clean and nourish my face.
STEP 1: WASH THE FACE AND NECK
- Use Coffee grounds or Glycerin Soap or anything natural
- Try to use only Spring Water as the harsh chemicals in tap water cause cancer
- Use warm or cold water to soap up and rinse off the face and neck
STEP 2: VINEGAR TONER
- Use organic apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- Add a tiny bit of baking soda (optional)
- Dilute with some spring water as straight vinegar can sting your face
- I keep some in the bathroom in a little glass jar
- Use Raw Organic Unfiltered Honey where possible
- Just dab a little bit on a couple wet fingers and massage all over face and neck
- Leave on 5-15 minutes
- Wash off with warm spring water
STEP 4: NATURAL OIL MOISTURIZER
- Use Organic Olive Oil, Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sesame Oil (whatever you would EAT and whatever works for your skin type)
- Warm it up with hands first or a heater like below
- Rub on face VIGOROUSLY. Skin and blood stimulation is key here; have fun making funny faces while rubbing the oil deeply into the skin